Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm now nineteen and in California...Lisa

I've been wanting to blog about some things for the past week-but I figured I should stay with the "Wednesday Updates," but I missed it by an hour. It's already Thursday here. The past couple weeks have been really busy. My birthday was on the 13th and that weekend Ashly and Noah took me and my friend Courtney to Six Flags. We rode every big roller coaster and hated Batman-made us all a little sick- and Ninja- too jerky. The most surprising part about that trip was when we rode the Superman. We got on the ride and they flipped us over on our stomachs, we started going up the first hill.... and we stopped. Something was wrong with the ride and we got stuck up there for about ten minutes. All of our faces were red, but we each had totally different takes on the situation. I just couldn't stop laughing. I found a lot of humor in it. Ashly was really nervous-I think Noah was too. Courtney said she couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry. Anyways, they fixed the ride and it turned out to be really fun! Afterwards, we all felt a little famous because once we got off everyone was asking us, "Are you guys the ones who got stuck on the ride?" and we said we were and gave them a quick few word opinion on the situation.

Right now I am in California visiting my family for my grandparent's 50th anniversary. I've been here since Monday, but Monday and Tuesday were mainly relaxing days. Today we went to San Fransisco and drove these miniature go cart/fourwheeler like cars. It was really fun to drive all over the city in those! I got really sun burnt tho. The weather here is nuts. I was in the car for like two hours driving and was freezing the whole time because of the cold wind- but I am so sun burnt because of it. Strange huh? It's just been really enjoyable to be here. I am actually originally from California-so it's nice to come back. I have alot of family on my dad's side so I've been doing alot of visiting with my cousins, aunts, uncles, great aunts, etc.

I've really enjoyed seeing my grandparents-my dad's parents. They are always so loving to each other and it is really comforting to see that even after fifty years of marriage-good and bad times-they are still so committed to loving each other. I feel blessed to be their grandchild.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Be blessed- Lisa

No comments: